Desiree Griffin-Moore inducted into 2015 Honorary Commanders Program at Joint Base Andrews
A big shout out to our own Desiree Griffin-Moore, who was inducted this week into the 2015 Honorary Commanders Program at Joint Base Andrews. Said Desiree: “It’s an honor to be a part of such a distinguished group of Prince George’s County community and civic leaders. Our county is a rich, diverse, and vibrant place to live and work – when I look at this list of folks, I’m reminded why.”
More from the Joint Base Andrews press release:
6/2/2015 – JOINT BASE ANDREWS, Md. — Joint Base Andrews welcomed 14 community and civic leaders into the 2015 Honorary Commanders Program during an induction ceremony luncheon here, May 29, at The Club.
The Joint Base Andrews Honorary Commander Program encourages an exchange of ideas and experiences, as well as friendships between key leaders of the base’s surrounding communities, JBA commanders and Airmen. In addition, it allows base commanders and their units to learn more about local leaders and the local community.
“This program allows us to partner with civilians in the community and empower them to learn more about our mission, specifically that of the Air Force and Navy,” said Col. Brad Hoagland, 11th Wing/JBA commander. “By doing this we hope to strengthen our relationships with our local neighbors.”
The diversity of JBA’s six wings, two headquarters and more than 80 tenant organizations impact not only missions and surrounding communities in the National Capital Region, but missions across the entire Department of Defense and around the world.
Honorary commanders are invited to attend events on base and in the surrounding communities that Airmen and sailors from Joint Base Andrews support. In turn, HCCs also invite the units they are paired with to participate in events in the local community.
“We look forward to working with the new honorary commanders,” Hoagland said. “We also look forward to continuing the relationships we have formed with the other 25 honorary commanders still serving.”
During the luncheon, each inductee was presented a certificate of induction and an honorary commander lapel pin.
2015 Joint Base Andrews Honorary Commanders are:
– Mrs. Francesca Pellegrino, president and founder of Catholic Coalition for Special Education
– Ms. Dorothy “Carolyn” Lowe, District V Coffee Club facilitator
– Mr. Dave Dotterer, Mission BBQ director of operations
– Mr. Bradley Frome, assistant deputy administrative officer for Economic Development and Public Infrastructure, Prince George’s County
– Mrs. Christine Wray, president of MedStar, Southern Maryland Hospital Center
– Mr. H. Douglas Rice, principal of Imagine Andrews Public Charter School
– Mr. Ellis Watson, chief executive for Councilman Obie Patterson, 8th District
– Mr. Anthony Ayers, Capitol Heights Police Chief
– Mr. Mark Magaw, Prince Georges County Police Chief
– Mr. Marc Bashoor Prince George’s County Fire Chief
– Mrs. Lori Arguelles, president and chief executive officer, The Alice Ferguson Foundation
– Mrs. Desiree Griffin-Moore, executive director, The Community Foundation in Prince George’s County
– Mr. Shawn Scarlata, owner and CEO of Blueline Security Services
– Mr. Franklyn Johnson, manager, Edible Arrangements Suitland, Maryland