Greater Washington Workforce Development Collaborative Library
The Collaborative supports research, advocacy, and consensus-building efforts aimed at informing key state and local workforce policy decisions. Our work with local policy and advocacy organizations is among our most impactful, with work occurring on both the individual-jurisdiction and regional levels. Our partners in this arena represent a spectrum of approaches to impacting workforce policy, from focused budget and legislative tracking and analysis to mobilization of community leaders and stakeholders through coordinated campaigns.
Listed below is a compilation of research reports that were developed as a result of critical grant support from the Workforce Collaborative.
Maximizing WIOA’s Potential: A Regional Analysis of the State Plans of Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, DC
The Commonwealth Institute for Fiscal Analysis, DC Appleseed, the DC Fiscal Policy Institute, Job Opportunities Task Force and the Maryland Center on Economic Policy completed a cross-jurisdictional project in which key elements of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) state plans of DC, MD and VA are compared and contrasted.
The Commonwealth Institute
DC Alliance of Youth Advocates
DC Fiscal Policy Institute
- Workforce Development in the District of Columbia: A Resource Map (2012)
- The Next Step in reforming Workforce Development in the District of Columbia
- Job Opportunities: DC Can Access Federal Funds to Expand Training Services Using the SNAP (Food Stamp) Program
- What’s In the Final FY 2017 Budget for Workforce Development?
- Making a Good Jobs Program Even Better: How to Strengthen DC’s Project Empowerment
First Tuesdays Workforce Advocacy Group
- Using Data to Promote Economic Opportunity
- Charting the Course: An Opportunity to Improve Workforce Development in DC
- Reforming First Source: Strengthening the Link Between Economic Development and Jobs
- Transforming Workforce Development in the District: Building a Strong Leadership Structure and Contributing to an Economic Opportunity Agenda
Job Opportunities Task Force
Maryland Center for Economic Policy
Other Workforce Development Reports
- Strengthening Educational and Career Pathways for D.C. Youth
- Building a Strong, Independent DC Community College
- Improving Youth Programs and Outcomes in Washington, D.C.
- Invest2Compete: An Analysis of Employer-Sponsored Tuition Assistance Programs in the Greater Washington Region
- Metro Washington Allied Health Credential Portability Scan